Are you ready to have fun while exercising?
Use your old water bottles — we know you have tons — for an easy and fun way to bowl inside your home.
- Aerobic exercise, like brisk walking, running and playing sports are best for brain health.
- Being active can help you think, feel and sleep better.
- Children ages 6-17 should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
- Adults need at least 150 minutes per week of physical activity — that’s 30 minutes a day for 5 days.
- Exercise lowers the risk of heart disease, stroke, type II diabetes, high blood pressure, dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- The Set Up
- Gather as many water bottles as you have. No more than 10 necessary.
- Fill up the bottles until they’re 1/8 full. The more you fill them up, the more difficult it will be to knock them over.
- Find a ball.
- The Game
- Set up your bowling pins (water bottles).
- You may vary the distance from the pins based on age.
- Knock those pins down!
- After playing several rounds, see how far back you can go.