Are you ready to have fun while exercising?
Turn your house into an obstacle course for some fun and entertaining exercise time.
- Aerobic exercise, like brisk walking, running and playing sports are best for brain health.
- Being active can help you think, feel and sleep better.
- Children ages 6-17 should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
- Adults need at least 150 minutes per week of physical activity — that’s 30 minutes a day for 5 days.
- Exercise lowers the risk of heart disease, stroke, type II diabetes, high blood pressure, dementia and Alzheimer’s.
The MCM Challenge:
Begin your days by going through a unique obstacle course! It’s a great way to get in your exercise and start your day right!
- Designate a room in your house devoted to the obstacle course challenge.
- Find different materials and objects around your house that you can use for the obstacle course.
- Allow each member of your family to design one or two parts of the course.
- Make circles out of towels/blankets on the floor. You have to hop through the circles.
- Use canned foods to create zig zags. You have to run in zig zags.
- Use a blanket to create a tunnel between your couch and coffee table. You have to crawl through this tunnel.
- You can always write exercise challenges on pieces of paper throughout your course. Once you reach the paper, you have to complete the exercise. Perhaps it’s 10 jumping jacks.
- Design and build the obstacle course.
- Allow each member of your family to go through at least once. Be sure to time yourself to see who is the fastest!
- This is a simple activity you can change up every day!