Journey to the North Pole
Drawing inspiration from lessons in navigation and geography along with traditional holiday literature, Journey to the North Pole is set to transform the Gertrude C. Ford Exhibition Hall into a magical winter village of twinkling lights and train cars. Only a few feet from the entrance into the exhibit will also be a 45-foot slide down the center staircase of the museum called the Snowflake Slide!
During Journey to the North Pole, guests will explore our holiday village which includes:
- Magical train cars built for students to create their own holiday journey
- Child size post office to mail and sort their holiday letters and packages
- Journey to the North Pole clock tower where children can turn gears to change the time on the clock, and try out our new slide
- Holiday train table with toy trains and moveable village elements
- Letter writing station to pen their letter to Santa and learn about addressing a letter
- The Reindeer Rink sock skating rink (MUST bring socks for this experience)
- Taking a ride down the Snowflake slide (MUST be at least 36” tall for this experience)
Appropriate for Pre-Kindergarten – 5th graders.
Please note that children must be 36″ or taller to ride the Snowflake Slide, but children who do not meet the height requirement can ride the toddler slide!Purchase Tickets to the Museum!