Our professional development workshops provide early childhood and elementary educators with inspirational, engaging activities to take back to their classrooms. Educators explore the museum during professional development just as their students would on a field trip to make connections between classroom lessons and real-world concepts!
- Each workshop is 5 hours long, 9 am – 3 pm, with an hour lunch break.
- Each workshop counts as .5 continuing education units (CEUs) or 5 hours for childcare workers.
- Each workshop is $30 (plus an additional $10 for CEU credits).
- We offer professional development workshops on-site at the museum at various times throughout the years. Please refer to this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific dates and workshop descriptions.
- All professional development workshops are available for off-site presentations.
June 21, 2021 – How Does Your Garden Grow?
Using the museum’s Literacy Garden as a backdrop, teachers will experience an outdoor classroom and learn methods to bring the outdoors into their classroom. It will provide adaptable, cross-curricular and inquiry-based activities for teaching students about nature and conservation. Lessons will use science, literacy and mathematics to inspire a student’s imagination and utilize both creativity and critical thinking skills.
E-mail Assistant Director of Enrichment, Sheri Bradford, for more information at email@example.com.