Our professional development workshops provide early childhood and elementary educators with inspirational, engaging activities to take back to their classrooms. Educators explore the museum during professional development just as their students would on a field trip to make connections between classroom lessons and real-world concepts!
- Each workshop is 5 hours long, 9 am – 3 pm, with an hour lunch break.
- Each workshop counts as .5 continuing education units (CEUs) or 5 hours for childcare workers.
- Each workshop is $30 (plus an additional $10 for CEU credits).
- We offer professional development workshops on-site at the museum at various times throughout the years. Please refer to this page or email email@example.com for specific dates and workshop descriptions.
- All professional development workshops are available for off-site presentations.
March 15, 2021 – Making a Makerspace in your Classroom
Making a Makerspace in your Classroom is a hands-on workshop that will address how teachers can promote inquiry-based learning by proving a makerspace in their classroom. We will explore guidelines for making a makerspace and how to create one on a limited budget. Educators will also go through a makerspace activity using the design cycle and prompt cards.
E-mail Assistant Director of Enrichment, Sheri Bradford, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.